Happy ThanksgivingNovember 24, 2011
11 As Jesus continued on toward Jerusalem, he reached the border between Galilee and Samaria.12 As he entered a village there, ten lepers stood at a distance,
13 crying out, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”
14 He looked at them and said, “Go show yourselves to the priests.”t And as they went, they were cleansed of their leprosy.
15 One of them, when he saw that he was healed, came back to Jesus, shouting, “Praise God!”
16 He fell to the ground at Jesus’ feet, thanking him for what he had done. This man was a Samaritan.
17 Jesus asked, “Didn’t I heal ten men? Where are the other nine?18 Has no one returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?”
19 And Jesus said to the man, “Stand up and go. Your faith has healed you.”
Luke 17:11-19 (NLT)
Just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and to list what I am thankful for this year. I sometimes feel like the 9 but I am working hard to be the 10th. Our Kidstuf service taught on this the other day. I am stealing the verse idea and this idea from a friend of mine so here is “My Gratitude List:”
1. Thanks for a God that loves me unconditionally and would send his Son Jesus to die on a cross for me so that I can spend eternity with him.
2. An amazing wife, Misty, that loves me beyond belief. I in no way deserve a lady like her. I’m just thankful that she loves me despite my failures as a husband and father. The last almost 14 years have been great and I can’t wait to explorer our future together. Your love for our family is the glue that keeps us together.
3. My sons who I love. They are all unique in their own ways but all three love God and each other. I know sibling rivalry is real but in the end, those 3 boys love each other. God has gifted them each in their own ways and all three have been blessed with a great personality and intelligence.
4. An amazing church with an amazing pastor who is not afraid of teaching the Word of God for what it is and not sugar coat it to make someone feel better. Cameron, you are an amazing person and don’t ever change and don’t ever let anyone tell you that you are doing it wrong.
5. My parents who have been there for me through the good times and especially the bad times.
6. Great friends who I can depend on. I know I can call my friends to help me with what ever I need at any time.
So, what is on your list? Post it in the comment section below.