All I can say is ouch.
Archive for January, 2006
1. Four Jobs I’ve Had– IT Deskside support, Sports Editor, Chief Photographer and Car Salesman
2. Four Movies I can watch over and over-Top Gun, Running Scared, Back to the Future (any of the three) and Star Wars (Any of the 6)
3. Four Places I have lived-Nicholasville, Ky., Richmond, Ky., Barbourville, Ky and Cincinnati, Ohio.
4. Four Shows I like to watch- West Wing, Las Vegas, NCIS and Amazing Race
5. Four Foods that I like-Steak, Pizza, Fajitas and very hot and spicy chili.
6. Four Websites I Visit Daily-Bloglines.com, Churchmedia.net, Southland Christian and EKUPride.com
7. Four things I want to do before I die– Take my kids to Disney World, Work for a church IT dept., Take Misty on a week long Cruise and go storm chasing. Although my wife thinks I am nuts for that last one.
8. Four People I’m tagging- Paul Podraza, Jim Walton, Jason Powell and fellow West Wing fan Brian Bailey. I would have tagged Kevin Young, but he would just complain on how he didn’t have time due to getting married this weekend. 🙂
Don’t know if you have ever heard of InBubbleWrap or not, but each day they offer a free book. I won a copy of The Fred Factor. 🙂
I just got word that my best friend’s father has passed away. He’s been sick off and on for a bit and developed an infection that antibiotics couldn’t help. My friend has been through a lot over the last year and a half including a divorce. He’s feeling pretty rough right now as he is feeling like he is carrying the weight of his entire family on his shoulders.Also, pray for me to have the strength to be there for him through this week. He lives two states away and is bringing his dad back to Kentucky for burial as that is where he wanted to buried at.
JJ is a friend that I know I can count for anything. When I went though a divorce, he was there for me, no questions asked. He opened his door for me to crash at when the world was caving in on me. I just want to make sure I am there for him even though he feels like he needs to do it himself.
My brother was rushed in for somewhat emergency surgery this evening. He is doing well. He was only in for about 45 minutes. His appendix had swollen and they wanted to get it out before it ruptured. He had been feeling bad off and on for the last little bit and started to a new doctor in the last month. His doctor had scheduled a cat scan or MRI, can’t remember which, for Wednesday, but after feeling bad again Monday evening, they pushed it to Tuesday morning. After seeing the results, they sent him straight to the emergency room. They were able to use a scope to remove it and he could come home on Wednesday. Thanks.
UPDATE: I just got off of the phone with my brother and he is on his way home. The doctor told him to not lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for a week or two. That will be rough considering he has a six month old at home.